What is Alzheimer’s disease?
Alzheimer’s disease, which is also known as senile dementia, is an intensifying disease that damages memory and other critical mental functions.
Connections between brain cells and normal cells dissolve and die, leading to memory loss and disorders in mental functions. Some important symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease are confusion and loss of memory. Alzheimer’s is a prevalent disease, with over 3 million US cases annually! This disease can last for years or even life long; it requires a medical diagnosis, and treatment of the illness can help, but Alzheimer’s disease has no cure.
How Does Early Detection Of Alzheimer’s Happen?
There are many early detections of Alzheimer’s disease, but here are some crucial signs that you should be aware of:
- 1. Loss of short term memory: A critical early sign of Alzheimer’s disease is memory loss and disruption in your daily life. This includes forgetting things you may have recently heard or learned about. Some examples of this including forgetting events, important dates, names, etc.
- 2. Difficulty to complete well-known tasks: Do you ever feel like you’ve struggled to complete tasks that you are very familiar too? Whether it’s forgetting how to use the microwave or how to use a TV remote, this early detection can be a sign of Alzheimer’s
- 3. Confusion of time: Many patients with Alzheimer’s experience confusion through their everyday lives. They may have trouble understanding if an action is not happening immediately, and they may lose track of the season, time, and date.
- 4. New difficulties with communicating or composing words: Individuals who have Alzheimer’s disease may experience problems while speaking or writing. They may have a hard time finishing conversations or find themselves repeating the same phrases over and over again.
- 5. Mood and attitude changes: Lastly, changes in someone’s mood and attitude can be a sign of Alzheimer’s disease. They may start to become easily upset and experience mood swings often. Confused, anxious, and depressed are just a few early signs of Alzheimer’s.
If you have a loved one that has Alzheimer’s, you have nothing to fear! Eden Memory Care is an assisted living facility ready to help your loved one! We are your local assisted living facility in Cypress, Texas, and we want to ensure you have a memory care that sincerely cares about your needs! To understand more about what we can do to help, call us today at 281-935-9115.